Please follow these instruction to download and install SavvySchool.
- Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Microsoft Office 2007 with service pack 3 or later versions. If you don’t have Microsoft office, you can use the free office runtime available from Microsoft Website.
- If you are using 32 bit version of Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 please download installer
from here, and if you are using 32 bit version of Microsoft Office 2016 or 2019, then download from here.
- Our Installation packages are hosted in google drive. You will therefore log in using your gmail account and then request to download the selected file. When requesting, please provide information about your School location and your contact phone.
- Run as administrator the file you downloaded and accept default setting.
Three icons will be created on your desktop. These are “Savvy School”, “Reports” and “User Manual”.
- To start the program, click “Savvy School” icon. Please read the user manual to get you started.
- To prevent windows giving you unnecessary warnings like this (below), you will have to create “Safe Location” for your installation folder. If you are not familiar with how to create a safe location, please follow the next instructions.
Creating Safe location (Screenshots below are taken from office 2007).
- Start MS Access application and set “C:\Savvy School v2.0” folder as trusted location as shown below:
- Click the left edge of the ribbon (office logo) to open another window as shown below:
- Click “Access Options” button as shown above to open another window as shown below but on office 2010 and Later, you will have to click "File" then click "Options" to open below window.:
- On the left click “Trust Center” option to view a appropriate page where you will see “Trust Center Settings” button on the right.
- Click “Trust Center Settings” button to open another window as shown below:
- On the left select “Trusted Locations” to open appropriate page, then click “Add New Location” button on that page (shown by bottom arrow) to open yet another small window as show below:
- Now click the “Browse..” button shown above to open a browse window as shown below:
- Then select “Savvy School v2.0” folder. DON’T open that folder, just select it then click “OK”.
- Then click “OK” all the way to close all open windows.
Once that is done you will no longer get those warnings mentioned earlier.
If you had taken care of safe location, the program will start normally.
You may get the message like “Change your regional settings to English United Kingdom”.
Just go to Control panel > Region and make changes accordingly.
Please open the user manual from your desktop and follow the step by step instructions therein.
You will have 45 days of free use so that you can try the software. To continue using after the trial period
you will have to register your software and pay the one time registration fee.
If you need to ask any question or clarification, please contact us on: info(at)sbs.co.ke (please subtitute "(at)" with @ ).
And if you need to register, please visit our registration page.
Assisted Installation and Configuration
If you need assistance in installation and configuration for the purpose of testing the software, please let us know. We will send an expirienced member of our staff to help you out. But please note, there will be some charges for the service rendered. But if you register (by paying the required registration fee), the amount you paid for the installation and configuration service will be refunded in full.
After successful registration, we will provide on-site training to you as the registered owner, and to your nominated staff members free of charge. The amount of hours of free on-site training will depend on the support package you registered.
Post Registration Service
After the initial training, we will provide additional off-site (or remote support) whenever you need. The off-site support will be in a form of phone call (i.e you calling our agents to ask questions), text messaging, email or remote control. The number of hours we will provide will also depend on your registration plan you sign up for. The support assistance will be limited to matters of our school software usage. Other technical service, if requested, will attract a standard fee.
Beyond your free allocated hours of post registration service, we will charge a standard fee commensurate with the service rendered. Please discuss and agree with our agents on the rate they will charge for the service you request.